In the ITSM space, what does automation mean overall for the organization?
- Reducing operational costs
- Improving service delivery and reduced service resolution time (MTTR)
- Enhancing work continuity
- Increasing efficiency and staff productivity
- Visibility and control of workflows
Reducing operational costs and MTTR are the areas that are paramount in IT support. The need for automation is common across organizations due to processes that kill productivity. Most often, service desk support agents consume time on low-value tasks and routine work. Instead, time spent on delivering exceptional customer support and delivering high-value work should be the norm.